Are there ‘steps to divine healing?’ Why could Jesus heal everyone in some places (Matthew 4:24, 8:16, 12:15, 15:30), but He could only heal a few people in other places? (Mark 6:5) The answer is their ‘unbelief’ prevented sick people from receiving the healing God wanted to bless them with. How can you overcome unbelief and receive the healing God wants to give you?
After years of study and practical experience, here are my 5 steps to receive bodily healing from God:
- Teach and Correct
- Remove Barriers
- Replace Fear With Hope
- Actively Receive Your Healing
- Wait In Faith
This is not a magic formula. Rather, it assumes God loves us and want to heal us, but there are things in our mind (ignorance, unbelief, shame, etc.) that prevent us from receiving God’s healing power. These 5 steps to divine healing will help you identify and remove those hindrances so that you can receive the Living God’s power to heal your physical body.
Step 1: Teach and Correct
Teach the sick person kingdom truths and correct false beliefs. There is a lot of ignorance and wrong teaching about God’s ability and willingness to heal people today. Ask them:
Do You Want to be Healed?
This sounds like a silly question, but it’s not. Jesus asked people, “Do you want to be healed?” (John 5:6, Mark 10:51)
Surprisingly, some people don’t really want to be healed. Two reasons I’ve observed:
- Getting healed would stop them from getting sympathy.
- Getting healed would stop them from receiving disability money.
Do you believe God CAN heal you?
As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!” After Jesus had entered the house, the blind men came to Him. “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” He asked. “Yes, Lord,” they answered. Then He touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith will it be done to you.” And their eyes were opened.Matthew 9:27-30
Do you believe God CAN heal you?
Jesus has all authority, in heaven and on the earth
On the cross Jesus said, “It is finished”. At that moment, God forgave all your sins.
Three days later God resurrected Jesus and He is alive now, with ALL authority in heaven and earth (Matthew 10:8, 28:18). He has authority over every sickness, disease, and death itself. (Revelation 1:18) So, yes, He CAN heal you!
Do you know divine healing has already been provided in your salvation?
“By His wounds we were healed.” (1 Peter 2:24, Isaiah 53:5)
“He bore our sicknesses.” (Isaiah 53:4)
Do you believe GOD WANTS TO heal you?
Jesus healed all who asked Him (Luke 4:40, 6:19)
It’s God’s will for you to prosper and be in health (3 John 1:2)
If you still have any doubts about God’s desire to heal you, watch Andrew Wommack’s free online TV teaching “God Wants You Well.”
Do you believe divine healing is dependent on your goodness, or is it by God’s grace?
If you trust in your goodness you cannot receive anything by faith. In your heart you know you’ve sinned sometime in your life, and your guilty conscience prevents you from standing in God’s holy presence.
But God’s grace is His free gift to us sinners, regardless of our past sins (Romans 5:15-18, 8:11)
Have you internalized God’s forgiveness of your sins?
Many Christians will say yes, but they haven’t applied the blood of Jesus to their conscience. As a result, they still carry guilt and shame for their past sins.
Ever since Adam and Eve hid from God in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:10), our guilt and shame separates us from our loving heavenly Father.
So, until your conscience is purged of this shame, enabling you to confidently stand in God’s holy presence, you cannot receive anything from God. The key to receiving a clean conscience is in Hebrews chapter 10.
Only by faith in God’s forgiveness, because the Savior’s sacrifice for you, can you cleanse your conscience of guilt and shame.
Step 1 is prerequisite
Completing Step 1 completely is critical to receiving your divine healing. Until you’ve 100% satisfied step 1, there’s no use proceeding to step 2.
I realize some of the questions above are hard, requiring deep introspection, but you cannot take shortcuts past them and expect to receive divine healing.
Step 2: Remove Barriers to Divine Healing
Remove Barriers to Healing. Ask:
- Are you holding anger or unforgiveness against anyone? (Matthew 18:35, 1 John 4:20)
- Be honest and search within your heart. Is your conscience convicting you of any sin? (John 5:14) If yes, return to Step 1 above until you cleanse your conscience 100% by faith in God’s forgiveness.
Step 3: Replace Fear With Hope
- Imagine and ‘see’ yourself feeling great and 100% healed, without your malady. (Mark 5:28, Matthew 9:21).
- Describe the positive image of your healing; what you see, taste, hear, smell, and feel
- Replace fear with hope. Get excited about feeling great, 100% healed.
Step 4: Actively Receive Your Divine Healing
- Since God can heal you, wants to heal you, and has already provided healing by His grace—independent of your goodness— receive and grab hold of your divine healing by faith.
- Pray, asking the Holy Spirit to give you a supernatural word (rhema) from God’s Spirit as an anchor of faith to receive the healing.
- Hebrews 11:1 says faith shows us the reality of what we hope for, and it’s the evidence of what we cannot see with our natural eyes.
- “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word (rhema) of God.” (Romans 10:17).
- Our God is alive and speaks to us by His Spirit. When He speaks to you, His message is the living, spoken word of God in your spirit. Once you’ve received God’s rhema, you can hold onto this revelation as an anchor, by faith, even though the outer, material world hasn’t changed yet. It will.
- Ask a Christian elder to anoint you with oil (James 5:14).
- Speak to the mountain. Command it to be cast into the sea. (Mark 11:23, Matthew 21:21)
- Have the person declare out loud, “Father, I receive my healing by your power, in Jesus’ name. Thank you.”
- Test for the manifestation of healing. (Mark 8:24)
Step 5: Wait In Faith
- Ask for and trust in God’s rhema–the words of the Living God in your heart.
- Believe and hold tightly to God’s rhema in faith, with thanksgiving and patience, until your body manifests your healing.
- Continue to see yourself as healed, even if your healing is not instantly manifested.
Why could Jesus heal everyone in some places but He could only heal a few people in other places? It was because their ‘unbelief’ prevented sick people from receiving the healing God wanted to bless them with.
The most common causes of unbelief are:
- Faulty concepts about God’s ability or willingness to heal you
- Barriers to faith, especially guilt and shame
- An attitude of fear instead of hope
- Lack of faith to actively receive your healing from God
- Lack of patience
The 5 Steps to divine healing will help you overcome unbelief and receive the healing God wants to give you. If you diligently apply them, replacing your unbelief with faith, God will heal you.