Why could Jesus heal everyone in some places (Matthew 4:24, 8:16, 12:15, 15:30), but He could only heal a few people in other places? (Mark 6:5) The answer is that ‘unbelief’ prevented sick people from receiving the healing God wanted to bless them with. How can you overcome unbelief and receive the healing God wants to give you?
After years of study and practical experience, here are my 5 steps to receive bodily healing from God:
- Teach and Correct
- Remove Barriers
- Replace Fear With Hope
- Actively Receive Your Healing
- Wait In Faith
This is not a magic formula. Rather, it assumes God loves us and want to heal us, but there are things in our mind (ignorance, unbelief, shame, etc.) that prevent us from receiving God’s healing power. These 5 steps are designed to identify and remove those hindrances so that you can receive the Living God’s power to heal your physical body.
1. Teach and Correct
Teach the sick person kingdom truths and correct false beliefs. There is a lot of ignorance and wrong teaching about God’s ability and willingness to heal people today. Ask them:
- Do you want to be healed? (John 5:6, Mark 10:51) Surprisingly, some people don’t really want to be healed. Two reasons I’ve observed:
- Getting healed would stop them from getting sympathy.
- Getting healed would stop them from receiving a disability check.
- Do you believe God CAN heal you? (Matthew 9:28)
- On the cross Jesus said, “It is finished”. At that moment, all your sins were forgiven.
- Jesus is resurrected and alive now, with ALL authority in heaven and earth (Matthew 10:8, 28:18). He now has authority over every sickness, disease, and death itself. (Revelation 1:18) So, He CAN heal you!
- Do you know healing has already been provided in our salvation?
- “By His wounds we were healed.” (1 Peter 2:24, Isaiah 53:5)
- “He bore our sicknesses.” (Isaiah 53:4)
- Do you believe GOD WANTS TO heal you?
- Jesus healed all who asked Him (Luke 4:40, 6:19)
- It’s God’s will for all to prosper and be in health (3 John 1:2)
- If you still have any doubts, purchase and absorb Andrew Wommack’s detailed teaching “God wants you well” in book or audio and you’ll be convinced it’s God’s will to heal you.
- Do you believe your healing is dependent on your goodness, or by God’s grace?
- Grace is God’s free gift of blessing to us sinners, regardless of our past sins (Romans 5:15-18, 8:11)
- Have you accepted God’s forgiveness of your sins?
- Many Christians believe they’re saved, but they haven’t applied the blood of Jesus to their conscience. They still carry the guilt and shame for their past sins. The key to receiving a clean conscience is in Hebrews chapter 10.
- Until your conscience is clean so that you can stand in God’s presence (by faith in Christ’s blood that causes God to completely forgive you) you cannot receive anything from God. This is because, ever since Adam and Eve hid from God in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:10), it’s our shame that separates us from our loving heavenly Father.
2. Remove Barriers
Remove Barriers to Healing. Ask:
- Are you holding anger or unforgiveness against anyone? (Matthew 18:35, 1 John 4:20)
- Is the Holy Spirit convicting you of any sin? (John 5:14)
3. Replace Fear With Hope
- Imagine and ‘see’ yourself feeling great and 100% healed, without your malady. (Mark 5:28, Matthew 9:21).
- Describe the positive image of your healing; what you see, taste, hear, smell, and feel
- Replace fear with hope. Get excited about feeling great, 100% healed.
4. Actively Receive Your Healing
- Since God can heal you, wants to heal you, and has already provided healing by His grace—independent of your goodness— receive and grab hold of your healing by faith.
- Ask a Christian elder to anoint the sick person with oil (James 5:14).
- Pray, asking the Holy Spirit to give the person a supernatural word (rhema) from God’s Spirit as an anchor of faith to receive the healing.
- Hebrews 11:1 says faith shows us the reality of what we hope for, and it’s the evidence of what we cannot see with our natural eyes.
- “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word (rhema) of God.” (Romans 10:17). Our God is alive and speaks to us by His Spirit. When He speaks to you, His message is the living, spoken word of God in your spirit. Once you’ve received God’s rhema, you can hold onto this revelation as an anchor, by faith, even though the outer, material world hasn’t changed yet. It will.
- Speak to the mountain. Command it to be cast into the sea. (Mark 11:23, Matthew 21:21)
- Have the person declare out loud, “Father, I receive my healing by your power, in Jesus’ name. Thank you.”
- Test for the manifestation of healing. (Mark 8:24)
5. Wait In Faith
- If not instantly manifested, continue to see yourself healed. Ask for God’s rhema.
- Concentrate on this image in faith, with thanksgiving and patience, until your body manifests the healing.